Call nowEnroll Today!


3730 E Trent Ste 2
Spokane, WA 99202

Opening hours

Mon – Fri 7 A.M. – 4 P.M.
Sat & Sun – Closed

Call us at

Class A Tuition: $3,400

Class B Tuition: $2,500

Upgrade Class B to Class A: $2,500 (*80 hours only)

HAZMAT: $299 cash or check, $309 credit or debit

Call for refresher training. 509-990-2884

*Does not include fees paid to other providers for example DOT Medical, DOL permit, etc.. $100 non-refundable registration fee will be applied to tuition.

Financing Options

There are a few different options as far as financing tuition for DRIVE509 CDL School in Washington. DRIVE509 is set up to accept funds from a number of state and local agencies.

  • Worksource (WA State Unemployment)
    • If you qualify, your local Worksource or Rural Resources office may have funds available to assist you in getting back to work.
    • Spokane: Call Peggy at 509.532.3176 to find out if you qualify.
    • Colville/Newport/Stevens County: Call Carol or Juanita at 509.685.6145
    • Whitman County Rural Resources
  • GI Bill
    • DRIVE509 is set up to accept GI Bill Funding. Click here to check your benefits.
    • If you want to use your GI Bill – you will need to present your Award letter to the school to register.
  • Numerica Credit Union
    • If you qualify, the Downtown branch of Numerica Credit Union will issue a check directly to the school.
  • North Idaho College Workforce Training Center
    • DRIVE509 is the contractor for the NIC CDL program that is offered through the Workforce Training Center in Rathdrum and Hayden, Idaho.
    • They use the Sallie Mae loan program if you qualify for a student loan.
    • There is no out-of-state tuition fee.
  • Idaho Department of Labor
  • Scholarships
    • Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) currently (January, 2020) may have some scholarships available for qualified applicants. The scholarship is awarded through the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) and is geared toward women and minorities seeking careers in the construction trades.
    • There may be industry scholarships available, however they require some searching. For example, the Women in Trucking Foundation and the Trucking Carrier Association. Some employers offer scholarships to dependents of employees.

Company-Sponsored CDL Training  

Some companies provide company-sponsored CDL training. In return for this sponsorship the student will sign a contract agreeing to work for the trucking company for a specified amount of time, normally between eight months and one year. Others will require you to pay back some tuition costs once your CDL training is complete and you’re out on the road driving solo.

Tuition Reimbursement

Some companies offer a tuition reimbursement program. For example, the student pays for CDL School and acquires a CDL, gets hired and then gets reimbursed a certain amount per month that he or she is employed at the company.

Sign on Bonus

Truck drivers are in high demand and some companies will offer a sign-on bonus or employment incentive. Bonus may be contingent on length of service, clean driving record and more.